Hey guys, Katelyn here! I wanted to share some BIG news with you! I’m honored to be taking over the helm at Sustain-a-Bull, Durham’s nonprofit Independent Business Alliance!
We work with so many small businesses through Best of the Bull and our Shop Durham program already, so to be able to step into this role and support them further is pretty dang awesome! (Nothing is changing for Best of the Bull or Shop Durham. We’ll still continue to run these awesome programs and be a source of all things Durham for you.)
So, what is Sustain-a-Bull?
Since 2010, Sustain-a-Bull’s mission has been to support Durham’s local, independent, business community. Simply put- we’re helping to keep Durham the unique, wonderful, vibrant community we all know and love. We believe that starts with our local, independent businesses.
If you own a locally owned, independent business we’d love to have you join! There are monthly mixers for you connect at, seasonal markets, educational workshops, new Shop Local Campaigns like Buy Local Month, and so much more.
If you don’t own a local business, then I bet you know someone who does so please share this with them! Or you can make a tax-deductible donation (wink, wink!) Plus we’ll have tons of awesome markets and events for you to check out too.
You can read on to find out more about membership benefits and I really hope you’ll join us!
We’re holding on to the things that made Sustain-a-Bull great in the first place, like the annual Shop Independent Durham Week holiday shopping event but adding even more resources and events for you.
New Events to Connect At
One of our main goals for the coming year is to connect business owners more with fellow local business owners. There are networking events, mixers, sneak peeks of new businesses, and even markets planned already. The first market is at Durty Bull on September 7th! (Begin registering for events as soon as you join!) See the event calendar here.
New Shop Local Campaigns
There are new campaigns planned around educating the community on why it’s important to choose local and giving them the tools to make it easier.
A new website and app
There’s a brand new website and we’re pretty proud of it. Please check it out at Sustainabull.org!
The app is getting the final touches and should be ready in 1-2 weeks!
Membership is Open!
Membership is now open and we’d love to have you join us! We are here to connect, engage and support you. Tap into our resources, and our community of like-minded entrepreneurs and get the support you need.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Free admission to monthly networking events and mixers so you can connect with fellow entrepreneurs
- Inclusion in Durham’s online Local Business Directory and Sustain-a-Bull app
- Use of the Sustain-a-bull branding and online marketing tools to align your business with the Buy Local movement
- Receive free admission to our educational workshops that are designed to help you run a better business
- Invitation to participate in seasonal markets to sell your products and/or promote your business
- Inclusion in Shop Local Campaigns including the NEW Buy Local Month and Eat Local Month
- Private Member Group on Facebook where you can share events, member-to-member promotions and more
- BONUS: Instant access to Best of the Bull’s Ultimate Instagram Online Workshop for Small Businesses
Questions or suggestions? Let’s chat.
Are you interested in hosting one of our member events at your business? Sign up here!
I’m always interested in your comments and ideas, so feel free to send them to me. I am excited about this new adventure and can’t wait to work with you!